The Vertiflex Superion device procedure is an innovative and minimally invasive procedure for Lumbar Spinal Stenosis (LSS). The device helps open up the narrow area of your spine, which relieves the pressure and pain associated with LSS.
Symptoms of LSS often include
- Pain while walking
- Pain relief when sitting or bending forward
- Numbness or “tingling” feeling in your legs, calves, or buttocks
- Weakness and/or loss of balance
- Pain, weakness, tingling and/or cramping in the legs, buttocks, and/or back (neurogenic intermittent claudication)
- Using a cane, walker, or shopping cart to move around more comfortably
Based on a study published in November of 2018 called the Journal of Pain Research, researchers examined patients who were treated with IPD through 5 years, all were recommended to receive the Superion® device. There has also been a study whose results indicated that opioid use for the treatment of LSS pain had been reduced by 85% because of the device.